- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Durand offers two days of Fourth of July events
From press release
DURAND, Ill.—You don’t have to go far, and you don’t have to spend much to enjoy yourself during this year’s Fourth of July weekend.
Durand’s two-day festival is Saturday and Sunday, July 3-4. It includes professional and amateur go-kart racing, a street dance, outhouse races, a parade, the second-best fireworks display in the Rockford area, food, beverages and more. The festival is sponsored by DARTS, the Durand Area Retailers, Trades and Services. Most activities are free.
Scheduled events include the following:
Saturday, July 3
10 a.m.—Professional Kart Racing
11 a.m.—Children’s Fun Fair
8 p.m.—Street Dance
Sunday, July 4
9 a.m.—Bulldog Challenge Amateur Go-Kart Racing
11 a.m.—Tractor Pulls
11 a.m.—American Legion Chicken BBQ
Noon-4 p.m.—Ice Cream Social, Durand United Methodist Church
1:30 p.m.—Children’s Parade & Regular Parade
2:30 p.m.—Bulldog Challenge Finals
4 p.m.—Outhouse Race
9:30 p.m.—Fireworks Display
Anyone wishing to participate in the Bulldog Challenge amateur go-kart races, outhouse races, parade, or as a vendor can find sign-up information on the event Web site, www.durandevents.com.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010 issue