- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Durand offers two days of Fourth of July events
From press release
DURAND, Ill.—You don’t have to go far, and you don’t have to spend much to enjoy yourself during this year’s Fourth of July weekend.
Durand’s two-day festival is Saturday and Sunday, July 3-4. It includes professional and amateur go-kart racing, a street dance, outhouse races, a parade, the second-best fireworks display in the Rockford area, food, beverages and more. The festival is sponsored by DARTS, the Durand Area Retailers, Trades and Services. Most activities are free.
Scheduled events include the following:
Saturday, July 3
10 a.m.—Professional Kart Racing
11 a.m.—Children’s Fun Fair
8 p.m.—Street Dance
Sunday, July 4
9 a.m.—Bulldog Challenge Amateur Go-Kart Racing
11 a.m.—Tractor Pulls
11 a.m.—American Legion Chicken BBQ
Noon-4 p.m.—Ice Cream Social, Durand United Methodist Church
1:30 p.m.—Children’s Parade & Regular Parade
2:30 p.m.—Bulldog Challenge Finals
4 p.m.—Outhouse Race
9:30 p.m.—Fireworks Display
Anyone wishing to participate in the Bulldog Challenge amateur go-kart races, outhouse races, parade, or as a vendor can find sign-up information on the event Web site, www.durandevents.com.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010 issue