- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Emerging artists exhibit at Kryptonite
From press release
For the first time, the Emerging Visual Artist Project (EVAP) will exhibit artwork by 12 new and emerging artists in a month-long exhibition at Kryptonite Bar, 308 W. State St., Rockford. The exhibition will open July 2 and run through Aug. 5.
The opening reception is from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m., Friday, July 2. Emerging artists featured in the exhibition include Meghan Jones Michaels, Annie Rudolph, Eddie Fajardo, Jessica Mortenson, Joseph S. Goral, Devin Henry, Jaime Torraco, Mario Martinez, Valerie Lemen, Laurence Barr, Danzel Moormington and Jennifer Howe.
These artists have taken on the challenge of creating artwork around a “theme design.” Each of the above artists is showcasing his or her interpretation of “Patriotism.”
Many of these artists are on the verge of taking their passions to the professional level, and one of the goals of EVAP is to challenge new and emerging artists to push themselves, educate themselves and support themselves within a creative and nurturing environment.
EVAP is a new branch of the nonprofit organization The Element Rockford. EVAP is designed to cultivate the next generation of Rockford artists. In addition to showcases, EVAP will host an ongoing series of juried monthly art exhibitions with monthly workshops open for everyone 18 and older to help educate and motivate artists, giving them the skill set to further their exposure within the community. The overall goal of EVAP is to teach the skills necessary for building a career as a visual artist.
EVAP is accepting applications for the Aug. 6 artist exhibition. This will be the first juried exhibition. To get involved, or participate in the monthly juried art exhibitions or artist workshops, contact Meghan Jones Michaels or Joseph S. Goral at email@example.com.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010 issue