- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Long-time crossword puzzle creator steps down
The Rock River Times (TRRT) regrets that long-time crossword puzzle creator Jeremy T. Paine will no longer be able to provide crossword puzzles for publication in TRRT.
Paine’s first TRRT puzzle, “TRRT Special,” appeared in the Sept. 3-9, 2003, issue. Since that time, his puzzles have appeared in every weekly issue (besides the June 16-22, 2010, issue) and have become a staff and reader favorite.
TRRT was proud to include the work of Paine—a former Rockford resident—in a section of the newspaper that, in most publications, does not include original content. TRRT appreciates all of Jeremy’s efforts over the years, and wishes him the best with his future endeavors.
In the coming weeks, TRRT will explore options for future puzzles. Readers can share any ideas or thoughts they might have by e-mailing email@example.com.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010, issue