- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Long-time crossword puzzle creator steps down
The Rock River Times (TRRT) regrets that long-time crossword puzzle creator Jeremy T. Paine will no longer be able to provide crossword puzzles for publication in TRRT.
Paine’s first TRRT puzzle, “TRRT Special,” appeared in the Sept. 3-9, 2003, issue. Since that time, his puzzles have appeared in every weekly issue (besides the June 16-22, 2010, issue) and have become a staff and reader favorite.
TRRT was proud to include the work of Paine—a former Rockford resident—in a section of the newspaper that, in most publications, does not include original content. TRRT appreciates all of Jeremy’s efforts over the years, and wishes him the best with his future endeavors.
In the coming weeks, TRRT will explore options for future puzzles. Readers can share any ideas or thoughts they might have by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010, issue