- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Long-time crossword puzzle creator steps down
The Rock River Times (TRRT) regrets that long-time crossword puzzle creator Jeremy T. Paine will no longer be able to provide crossword puzzles for publication in TRRT.
Paine’s first TRRT puzzle, “TRRT Special,” appeared in the Sept. 3-9, 2003, issue. Since that time, his puzzles have appeared in every weekly issue (besides the June 16-22, 2010, issue) and have become a staff and reader favorite.
TRRT was proud to include the work of Paine—a former Rockford resident—in a section of the newspaper that, in most publications, does not include original content. TRRT appreciates all of Jeremy’s efforts over the years, and wishes him the best with his future endeavors.
In the coming weeks, TRRT will explore options for future puzzles. Readers can share any ideas or thoughts they might have by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010, issue