- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Sheet Music Festival July 10 at JustGoods
From press release
The Third Annual Sheet Music Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, July 10, at JustGoods Listening Room, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
Richard Zimmerman will do a program on ragtime music. He has been largely responsible for the worldwide revival of ragtime, and is one of its key figures as both a performer and a historian.
Zimmerman has a broad repertoire of several hundred rags, which he has performed around the world on stage, radio and television.
Tracy Doyle, the leading authority on the area’s most important Tin Pan Alley composer Egbert Van Alstyne, will discuss his music. Van Alstyne was born in Marengo, Ill. He composed many great hits at the turn of the last century, such as “In the Shade Of The Old Apple Tree.”
Local collector Lee Schreiner will discuss music written and/or published in Rockford since its early days.
Admission is free. Sheet music will be bought, sold and appraised. Bring in your old music and have it played for you.
Call Lee Schreiner at (815) 961-8664 or e-mail him at Lee1809@yahoo.com for more information.
From the June 30-July 6, 2010 issue