- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Community news and notes: Week of July 7-13, 2010
Chiropractic orthopedist Jeffrey Cates was recognized by the Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (CCGPP). His work will be recognized in the scientific Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics. Cates was one of eight scientists selected by the CCGPP commission to lead a team of 50 scientists in a six-year project to review, rate and summarize the scientific literature regarding the application of manual medicine. Cates maintains a private practice in Oregon, Ill. … Denis Birmingham was named the manager of manufacturing engineering and special projects and Bill Powers the marketing manager for Excel Gear Inc. Birmingham will oversee Excel’s manufacturing engineering and special projects and continue the company’s implementation of lean manufacturing strategies. Powers will oversee all the marketing and business development. Excel Gear designs, manufactures and provides quality analysis of its various gear, gearbox, fluid bearing, spindle, CNC gimbal head, nutator and special equipment. … Thomas Parsons was named the new director of marketing for Zenith Cutter Co. His primary responsibilities are the development of marketing initiatives designed to strengthen the global brand awareness of Zenith Cutter Co. He will also help identify and capitalize on new business development opportunities for the company.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue