- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Get geared up for days of summer with a rain barrel
From press release
In an effort to improve and protect water quality in urban centers of Illinois, the Winnebago County Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) is holding a rain barrel sale. A rain barrel reduces urban storm water runoff and your demand on water resources.
The SWCD’s barrels are Food Quality High Density Polyethylene Barrels that were previously used to ship pickled food overseas that have been cleaned and rinsed with rain water and PH neutral soap. All barrels have a garden hose-size spigot at the bottom, two overflow spigots and a removable screen mesh lid to keep out mosquitoes and debris.
The barrels come in grey, black, terra cotta and blue and are paintable. The Winnebago County SWCD is a locally-operated unit of government that strives to promote the protection, maintenance, improvement and wise use of the soil, water and related natural resources within the District. If you are interested in placing an order or would like additional information, contact the SWCD office at (815) 965-2392, ext. 3, or visit the Web site at www.winnebagoswcd.org.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue