- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Museum offers Italian Cut-Work class
From press release
Join the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., every Sunday through November from 2 to 4 p.m. to view some of the most outstanding forms of Italian needlework in the “Summer Weddings: Italian Style” display. Stop by from 2 to 4 p.m., July 11, for a special event with Dorothy Ferraro Noble explaining and showing how the famous Italian Cut-Work style of needlework is done.
Museum admission is free, but donations are appreciated. Info: (815) 962-7402.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue