- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Museum offers Italian Cut-Work class
From press release
Join the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., every Sunday through November from 2 to 4 p.m. to view some of the most outstanding forms of Italian needlework in the “Summer Weddings: Italian Style” display. Stop by from 2 to 4 p.m., July 11, for a special event with Dorothy Ferraro Noble explaining and showing how the famous Italian Cut-Work style of needlework is done.
Museum admission is free, but donations are appreciated. Info: (815) 962-7402.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue