- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Museum offers Italian Cut-Work class
From press release
Join the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., every Sunday through November from 2 to 4 p.m. to view some of the most outstanding forms of Italian needlework in the “Summer Weddings: Italian Style” display. Stop by from 2 to 4 p.m., July 11, for a special event with Dorothy Ferraro Noble explaining and showing how the famous Italian Cut-Work style of needlework is done.
Museum admission is free, but donations are appreciated. Info: (815) 962-7402.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue