- Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
Museum offers Italian Cut-Work class
From press release
Join the Ethnic Heritage Museum, 1129 S. Main St., every Sunday through November from 2 to 4 p.m. to view some of the most outstanding forms of Italian needlework in the “Summer Weddings: Italian Style” display. Stop by from 2 to 4 p.m., July 11, for a special event with Dorothy Ferraro Noble explaining and showing how the famous Italian Cut-Work style of needlework is done.
Museum admission is free, but donations are appreciated. Info: (815) 962-7402.
From the July 7-13, 2010 issue