- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Community news and notes: Week of July 14-20, 2010
Kellie Nelson was named June Employee of the Month by Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. Nelson is a customer service coordinator in the customer service department and was nominated for her commitment to seeing all tasks through to the end, job knowledge and her patient, friendly demeanor. … Patricia Earp, owner of PJ’s Salon, won the Kim Vo shadow contest. Earp will be flown to Vo’s salon in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, where she will shadow the celebrity stylist and observe his coloring techniques. … Patricia Frisch joined First National Bank and Trust Company in Beloit, Wis., as vice president and trust officer. Frisch will serve the Rockton, Roscoe and Winnebago communities. She will be responsible for trust services and building new relationships with potential customers. Frisch earned the professional designation of Certified Trust and Financial Adviser and is a member of the Institute of Certified Bankers. … Sherwood Anderson of Principal Life Insurance Company was approved for membership in the 2010 Million Dollar Roundtable (MDRT). Anderson has 45 years of membership in the MDRT. MDRT, the premier association of financial professionals, is an international, independent association of less than 1 percent of the world’s most successful life insurance and financial service professionals.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the July 14-20, 2010 issue