- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of July 14-20, 2010
Kellie Nelson was named June Employee of the Month by Landstar System Inc.’s Rockford service center. Nelson is a customer service coordinator in the customer service department and was nominated for her commitment to seeing all tasks through to the end, job knowledge and her patient, friendly demeanor. … Patricia Earp, owner of PJ’s Salon, won the Kim Vo shadow contest. Earp will be flown to Vo’s salon in the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas, where she will shadow the celebrity stylist and observe his coloring techniques. … Patricia Frisch joined First National Bank and Trust Company in Beloit, Wis., as vice president and trust officer. Frisch will serve the Rockton, Roscoe and Winnebago communities. She will be responsible for trust services and building new relationships with potential customers. Frisch earned the professional designation of Certified Trust and Financial Adviser and is a member of the Institute of Certified Bankers. … Sherwood Anderson of Principal Life Insurance Company was approved for membership in the 2010 Million Dollar Roundtable (MDRT). Anderson has 45 years of membership in the MDRT. MDRT, the premier association of financial professionals, is an international, independent association of less than 1 percent of the world’s most successful life insurance and financial service professionals.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the July 14-20, 2010 issue