- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
July 15 lecture to address ‘Exercise for the Cancer Patient’
From press release
A one-hour lecture about “Exercise for the Cancer Patient, Before, During and After Treatment” will be presented at 7 p.m., Thursday, July 15, at Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center as part of the center’s 2010 community program series.
Presenters include Alane Curry, MPT,PT; Lindsey Nauman, MPT, PT; and Jenna Villafuerte, PTA. The center is at 2821 N. Bell School Road, in the lower level of Westminster Presbyterian Church. There is no charge to attend.
Healing Pathways-Cancer Resource Center is a not-for-profit, independent organization committed to offering free supportive services to those touched by cancer. Learn more at www.healingpathwayscrc.org or call (815) 395-5649.
Aug. 26, the community program series will host Dr. John Jaworowicz, who will speak about “Acupuncture Therapy” as it relates to relieving side effects caused by cancer treatment.
From the July 14-20, 2010 issue