- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Pecatonica River Cleanup July 25
The Seventh Annual Pecatonica River Cleanup will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday, July 25. Meet at Rock Hollow Conservation Club, 1931 Route 75 E., Freeport, Ill.
This is your chance to help develop stewardship for the Pecatonica River. Help keep the river free of the trash that river users keep finding in the river—tires, appliances, furniture and plastic debris among them. The Friends of the Pecatonica River Foundation will be scheduling many activities. Needs include: volunteers, excavating equipment, dumpsters, dump trucks, and financial support.
Service clubs and individuals are encouraged to help! A cookout, free T-shirt, and free lunch will be provided for volunteers. This event is sponsored by: United Sportsmen’s Youth Foundation, SCALE Streambank Cleanup & Lakeshore Enhancement, Exelon Nuclear Byron Generating Station, The Freeport Journal Standard, Illinois Conservation Foundation donors, McNess, Steelworkers 745, www.USYF.com.
Contributions and interest may be sent to: Mr. Lee Butler, FPRF Treasurer, 1550 Woodside Drive, Freeport, IL 61032. FPRF is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible. Make checks payable to: Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. Membership and support packages can be viewed at: www.pecriver.webs.com.
From the July 14-20, 2010 issue