- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Pecatonica River Cleanup July 25
The Seventh Annual Pecatonica River Cleanup will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday, July 25. Meet at Rock Hollow Conservation Club, 1931 Route 75 E., Freeport, Ill.
This is your chance to help develop stewardship for the Pecatonica River. Help keep the river free of the trash that river users keep finding in the river—tires, appliances, furniture and plastic debris among them. The Friends of the Pecatonica River Foundation will be scheduling many activities. Needs include: volunteers, excavating equipment, dumpsters, dump trucks, and financial support.
Service clubs and individuals are encouraged to help! A cookout, free T-shirt, and free lunch will be provided for volunteers. This event is sponsored by: United Sportsmen’s Youth Foundation, SCALE Streambank Cleanup & Lakeshore Enhancement, Exelon Nuclear Byron Generating Station, The Freeport Journal Standard, Illinois Conservation Foundation donors, McNess, Steelworkers 745, www.USYF.com.
Contributions and interest may be sent to: Mr. Lee Butler, FPRF Treasurer, 1550 Woodside Drive, Freeport, IL 61032. FPRF is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax deductible. Make checks payable to: Community Foundation of Northern Illinois. Membership and support packages can be viewed at: www.pecriver.webs.com.
From the July 14-20, 2010 issue