- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
American Idol feeder contest winner mesmerizes teens at City Market
Rockford’s new City Market was filled with the screams of teen-aged girls Friday night, July 16—not because they were terrorized, rather they were mesmerized by the winner of the Rockford Star feeder contest for the American Idol television show—23-year-old Clayton Heinrich (pictured) of Naperville. His voice and guitar play barely beat out the other great applause-getter, Stephanie Zibell, 27. The other Rockford finalists were Brandi Bonner, 19, Hannah Poorman, 15, and Jataun Tobias, 26. WQRF-Channel 39 hosted the contest, with Kimberly Nelson, FOX 39 news anchor, emceeing a live broadcast during the evening news hour. Heinrich goes on to an audition in Milwaukee that may place him in the running for an appearance on national TV.