- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
American Idol feeder contest winner mesmerizes teens at City Market
Rockford’s new City Market was filled with the screams of teen-aged girls Friday night, July 16—not because they were terrorized, rather they were mesmerized by the winner of the Rockford Star feeder contest for the American Idol television show—23-year-old Clayton Heinrich (pictured) of Naperville. His voice and guitar play barely beat out the other great applause-getter, Stephanie Zibell, 27. The other Rockford finalists were Brandi Bonner, 19, Hannah Poorman, 15, and Jataun Tobias, 26. WQRF-Channel 39 hosted the contest, with Kimberly Nelson, FOX 39 news anchor, emceeing a live broadcast during the evening news hour. Heinrich goes on to an audition in Milwaukee that may place him in the running for an appearance on national TV.