- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
American Idol feeder contest winner mesmerizes teens at City Market
Rockford’s new City Market was filled with the screams of teen-aged girls Friday night, July 16—not because they were terrorized, rather they were mesmerized by the winner of the Rockford Star feeder contest for the American Idol television show—23-year-old Clayton Heinrich (pictured) of Naperville. His voice and guitar play barely beat out the other great applause-getter, Stephanie Zibell, 27. The other Rockford finalists were Brandi Bonner, 19, Hannah Poorman, 15, and Jataun Tobias, 26. WQRF-Channel 39 hosted the contest, with Kimberly Nelson, FOX 39 news anchor, emceeing a live broadcast during the evening news hour. Heinrich goes on to an audition in Milwaukee that may place him in the running for an appearance on national TV.