- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Charlotte’s Web presents soul, R&B band Too Deep at Sinnissippi July 24
From press release
For the final concert of its 12th Annual Sinnissippi Summer Series, Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents the Midwest premier soul and R&B band Too Deep. Catch their performance at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 24, at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Too Deep features the Hanserd Brothers, who have been entertaining audiences at festivals, concerts and night club circuits for more than 25 years. The longevity is a testament to the power of the family, the Hanserd Brothers: Cedric, Steve and Brian have been performing together since they were kids growing up on Rockford’s west side. The distinctive sound is highly influenced by soul and gospel artists like Al Green, Marvin Gaye, James Taylor, Gap Band, Pilgrim Jubilees, Canton Spirituals and many more. Too Deep’s soul presentation starts with its silky, smooth vocal style that reminds you of packed house parties where black lights shone on couples stepping and having a good time. The spirit-filled performance makes it obvious why Too Deep remains one of the top premier bands in the Midwest.
Dino Walls of the Rock City Unique Steppers paid them this tribute: “When you talk Soul, Rhythm and Blues bands in this area, you only need to say two words: Too Deep.”
As always, this concert series is free. Rain site is Mendelssohn PAC, 415 N. Church St.; call (815) 987-8800 after 2:30 p.m. the day of the concert for rain site info. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and admission is free. Picnic baskets are welcome, no alcohol, please. The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice/TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit CharlottesWebofRockford.org.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue