- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Charlotte’s Web presents soul, R&B band Too Deep at Sinnissippi July 24
From press release
For the final concert of its 12th Annual Sinnissippi Summer Series, Charlotte’s Web for the Performing Arts presents the Midwest premier soul and R&B band Too Deep. Catch their performance at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, July 24, at the Sinnissippi Park Music Shell, 1401 N. Second St., Rockford.
Too Deep features the Hanserd Brothers, who have been entertaining audiences at festivals, concerts and night club circuits for more than 25 years. The longevity is a testament to the power of the family, the Hanserd Brothers: Cedric, Steve and Brian have been performing together since they were kids growing up on Rockford’s west side. The distinctive sound is highly influenced by soul and gospel artists like Al Green, Marvin Gaye, James Taylor, Gap Band, Pilgrim Jubilees, Canton Spirituals and many more. Too Deep’s soul presentation starts with its silky, smooth vocal style that reminds you of packed house parties where black lights shone on couples stepping and having a good time. The spirit-filled performance makes it obvious why Too Deep remains one of the top premier bands in the Midwest.
Dino Walls of the Rock City Unique Steppers paid them this tribute: “When you talk Soul, Rhythm and Blues bands in this area, you only need to say two words: Too Deep.”
As always, this concert series is free. Rain site is Mendelssohn PAC, 415 N. Church St.; call (815) 987-8800 after 2:30 p.m. the day of the concert for rain site info. All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m. and admission is free. Picnic baskets are welcome, no alcohol, please. The Rockford Park District welcomes the opportunity to assist guests with special needs. The Music Shell is wheelchair accessible. An assistive listening system is available for those who are hard of hearing. For special assistance, call (815) 987-1600 (voice/TTY) at least 48 hours in advance.
For more information, call (815) 964-2238 or visit CharlottesWebofRockford.org.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue