- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Community news and notes: Week of July 21-27, 2010
Bankers Life and Casualty Company recently promoted John Freewalt to branch sales manager of its Rockford sales office. Freewalt, a new resident of West Dundee, joined Bankers Life and Casualty Company in 2006. Previously, he served as a unit supervisor and unit sales manager at the company’s office in Des Plaines. He has earned the Series 7 and Series 63 Registration, traded securities prior to his employment at Bankers Life and Casualty Company, and donates his time to causes like “Operation Homefront” and “Cell Phones for Soldiers.” … Dr. Landon Pryor, a plastic surgeon in practice with Rockford Plastic Surgery, will see new patients for complimentary cosmetic evaluations on-site at High Maintenance Salon and Spa in Loves Park. He will provide non-surgical cosmetic procedures at the salon and will have scheduled hours on-site for rejuvenation techniques including Botox and soft tissue fillers. Dr. Pryor will have day, evening and weekend hours appointments available. … Maggie Carlson, manager of OSF Lifeline Ambulance, LLC, recently completed the Ambulance Service Management Program (ASM) that is presented by Fitch & Associates on behalf of the American Ambulance Association (AAA). The ASM program is an intensive five-month program taught by the leaders in the ambulance industry. It consists of on-site instruction in Kansas City, Mo., online instruction and individual group projects. The goal of the certification is to provide a foundation of knowledge and skills that enables the participants to develop as leaders in the ambulance industry. Carlson is the only ASM program graduate from Rockford, only one of 61 ASM program graduates in the state of Illinois, and one of 823 graduates nationwide.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue