- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Community news and notes: Week of July 21-27, 2010
Bankers Life and Casualty Company recently promoted John Freewalt to branch sales manager of its Rockford sales office. Freewalt, a new resident of West Dundee, joined Bankers Life and Casualty Company in 2006. Previously, he served as a unit supervisor and unit sales manager at the company’s office in Des Plaines. He has earned the Series 7 and Series 63 Registration, traded securities prior to his employment at Bankers Life and Casualty Company, and donates his time to causes like “Operation Homefront” and “Cell Phones for Soldiers.” … Dr. Landon Pryor, a plastic surgeon in practice with Rockford Plastic Surgery, will see new patients for complimentary cosmetic evaluations on-site at High Maintenance Salon and Spa in Loves Park. He will provide non-surgical cosmetic procedures at the salon and will have scheduled hours on-site for rejuvenation techniques including Botox and soft tissue fillers. Dr. Pryor will have day, evening and weekend hours appointments available. … Maggie Carlson, manager of OSF Lifeline Ambulance, LLC, recently completed the Ambulance Service Management Program (ASM) that is presented by Fitch & Associates on behalf of the American Ambulance Association (AAA). The ASM program is an intensive five-month program taught by the leaders in the ambulance industry. It consists of on-site instruction in Kansas City, Mo., online instruction and individual group projects. The goal of the certification is to provide a foundation of knowledge and skills that enables the participants to develop as leaders in the ambulance industry. Carlson is the only ASM program graduate from Rockford, only one of 61 ASM program graduates in the state of Illinois, and one of 823 graduates nationwide.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue