- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Danica sixth at Honda Indy Toronto
By Doug Halberstadt
The streets of Toronto were relatively kind to former Roscoe resident Danica Patrick last Sunday, July 18. She finished in sixth place in the Honda Indy Toronto race. It was her fifth top 10 finish of the season.
Will Power won the attrition-filled, caution flag-plagued race. This was Power’s fourth win of the 2010 season and the second of his career at Toronto.
Patrick ran a very smart race and managed to avoid any serious trouble during the 65-lap race that seemed to turn into a contact sport for many of her fellow competitors. She is in the 11th position in the season points standings with seven races still to run this year.
The series stays in Canada for their next race this Sunday evening (July 25). The Rexall Edmonton Indy will start at 7 p.m. local time and be televised on VERSUS.
Patrick is splitting her time this season between the IndyCar Series and the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Her next scheduled time behind the wheel of her Nationwide car is slated for Aug. 14 at Michigan International Speedway.
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue