- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Rockford Rage pull out last-minute victory
By Todd Reicher
The Rockford Rage defeated the Naptown Third Alarm 122-117 in a thrilling last-minute victory Saturday, July 17.
At their last home bout in May, the Rockford Rage were defeated by the Lunachix by a measly 1 point as time expired. This time, the Rage turned the tables and pulled out a last-second win.
The entire bout was back-and-forth scoring, with no team taking a large lead. In fact, no team led by more than 8 points throughout the entire bout.
After a fast-paced first half, the Rage headed into the locker room up by 6.
As time wound down, both teams fought hard to stretch out to a large lead. The Third Alarm took a 5-point lead with just more than 2 minutes left in the bout. The Rage grabbed the next jam and took 5 points to tie the score with just more than 30 seconds remaining.
The whistle blew starting the final jam. As fast as the whistle blew, Rage jammer Taryn Skulz shot out to the front of the pack, as the crowd roared with applause and cheers. Skulz held the lead jam position for the remainder of the jam and gained the Rage 5 points, and a much-deserved win, as time expired.
The Rage’s next bout will be Saturday, Aug. 21, as the Rage host the Screw City Smackdown Tournament at the Indoor Sports Center (ISC) on Riverside. To learn more about the Rockford Rage, visit their Web site at www.rockfordrage.com.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue