- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
SwedishAmerican State Street Mile
From press release
Registration is now open for the 26th Annual SwedishAmerican State Street Mile, to be held Saturday, Aug. 14, in downtown Rockford.
The SwedishAmerican State Street Mile includes several popular races—Men’s and Women’s Open and Masters, a 1/4 mile Kids’ Fun Run, and Male and Female Ben Newson Jr. Heats for K through 12th-grade students.
The race begins directly in front of SwedishAmerican Hospital’s State Street entrance and has been called “The Fastest Mile in the Midwest.” It receives this designation because much of the race is downhill. Hundreds of runners are expected to participate, coming from many of the states surrounding Illinois. Runners have come from as far as New York to participate in the unique mile race.
The first heat in this year’s event will begin at 5 p.m. and will culminate with an awards ceremony at approximately 7 p.m. on the hospital grounds. A portion of this year’s race proceeds will be donated to the Rockford Wildcats, a youth cross country team designed to let kids have fun while learning about running.
To register for the SwedishAmerican State Street Mile, or for more information, visit www.swedishamerican.org or www.rockfordroadrunners.com. Further information may also be obtained by calling Runners’ Image at (815) 963-2171.
From the July 21-27, 2010 issue