- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Win a home or $100,000 in Great Home Giveaway
From press release
The Arc of Winnebago, Boone & Ogle Counties’ 18th Annual Great Home Giveaway will open to the public beginning Saturday, July 24. The 2,025-square-foot “raffle house” is at 1817 Eden Place in Rockford. This is also the first year the event is offering a choice of grand prizes—either the new home or $100,009 cash.
This year’s home is a three-bedroom, ranch-style home built by Howlett Homes. Features include: great-room with corner fireplace, cathedral ceilings, custom maple and quartz kitchen, dining room, first-floor laundry, large master suite with his/her closets, walk-in shower and whirlpool bath, in-ground irrigation system, two-car garage, and is beautifully decorated by Benson Stone Company.
The Arc will kick off home tours with the Parade of One from July 24-Aug. 1 on Saturdays and Sundays from noon-6 p.m., and Monday through Friday, 4-7 p.m. The house will be open every Saturday and Sunday from noon-4 p.m., until the winner is drawn Oct. 21.
Ticket pricing: $20 each, three for $50 (through Aug. 1), seven for $100, 15 for $200, 50 for $500, and 250 for $1,500.
Tickets available online at RockfordGreatHomeGiveaway.com, by phone at (815) 965-3455, at the open house, or through these outlets: Logli, Associated Bank, Benson Stone Co., Lube Pro’s, Shelving Unlimited, Al Grace Appliance, Granite Transformations, River Valley Kitchens & Baths, Belvidere Pacemaker, Poison Ivy.
Ticket buyers are eligible for nine Early Bird prizes. Visitors to the home can also participate in a 50/50 drawing and mini raffles.
Proceeds benefit The Arc.