- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Win a home or $100,000 in Great Home Giveaway
From press release
The Arc of Winnebago, Boone & Ogle Counties’ 18th Annual Great Home Giveaway will open to the public beginning Saturday, July 24. The 2,025-square-foot “raffle house” is at 1817 Eden Place in Rockford. This is also the first year the event is offering a choice of grand prizes—either the new home or $100,009 cash.
This year’s home is a three-bedroom, ranch-style home built by Howlett Homes. Features include: great-room with corner fireplace, cathedral ceilings, custom maple and quartz kitchen, dining room, first-floor laundry, large master suite with his/her closets, walk-in shower and whirlpool bath, in-ground irrigation system, two-car garage, and is beautifully decorated by Benson Stone Company.
The Arc will kick off home tours with the Parade of One from July 24-Aug. 1 on Saturdays and Sundays from noon-6 p.m., and Monday through Friday, 4-7 p.m. The house will be open every Saturday and Sunday from noon-4 p.m., until the winner is drawn Oct. 21.
Ticket pricing: $20 each, three for $50 (through Aug. 1), seven for $100, 15 for $200, 50 for $500, and 250 for $1,500.
Tickets available online at RockfordGreatHomeGiveaway.com, by phone at (815) 965-3455, at the open house, or through these outlets: Logli, Associated Bank, Benson Stone Co., Lube Pro’s, Shelving Unlimited, Al Grace Appliance, Granite Transformations, River Valley Kitchens & Baths, Belvidere Pacemaker, Poison Ivy.
Ticket buyers are eligible for nine Early Bird prizes. Visitors to the home can also participate in a 50/50 drawing and mini raffles.
Proceeds benefit The Arc.