- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
ALS Association to host support group in Rockford
From press release
The ALS Association-Greater Chicago will be hosting a support group in Rockford for individuals and their family members who are living with ALS. The acronym stands for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, better known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. The group will be held for six consecutive weeks beginning Tuesday, Aug. 3, and ending Tuesday, Sept. 7, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Space is limited to 12 people. Contact Nicole Sammartino, M.S., for more information at Nicole@alsachicago.org or call (312) 932-0000.
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue