- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
RAM summer gala, Art in the Garden Aug. 7
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents Art in the Garden Saturday, Aug. 7, at La Paloma Gardens in Rockford. Proceeds from this annual summer gala have helped sponsor every RAM exhibition and its related educational programming since 2007.
La Paloma—a private garden cultivated by Karen Vaughn Harding and her late husband, Ben—serves as the elegant backdrop for the event, which features open-air dining by George Jewell, and dancing under the moon and stars to music by Prime Time Live Band. This year’s theme is inspired by the art of Aztec, Mayan and Native American cultures.
Tickets are $175. Limited seating, valet parking. Rain site. For more information, call Rockford Art Museum at (815) 968-2787 or log on to rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue