- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
RAM summer gala, Art in the Garden Aug. 7
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents Art in the Garden Saturday, Aug. 7, at La Paloma Gardens in Rockford. Proceeds from this annual summer gala have helped sponsor every RAM exhibition and its related educational programming since 2007.
La Paloma—a private garden cultivated by Karen Vaughn Harding and her late husband, Ben—serves as the elegant backdrop for the event, which features open-air dining by George Jewell, and dancing under the moon and stars to music by Prime Time Live Band. This year’s theme is inspired by the art of Aztec, Mayan and Native American cultures.
Tickets are $175. Limited seating, valet parking. Rain site. For more information, call Rockford Art Museum at (815) 968-2787 or log on to rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue