- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
RAM summer gala, Art in the Garden Aug. 7
From press release
Rockford Art Museum (RAM) presents Art in the Garden Saturday, Aug. 7, at La Paloma Gardens in Rockford. Proceeds from this annual summer gala have helped sponsor every RAM exhibition and its related educational programming since 2007.
La Paloma—a private garden cultivated by Karen Vaughn Harding and her late husband, Ben—serves as the elegant backdrop for the event, which features open-air dining by George Jewell, and dancing under the moon and stars to music by Prime Time Live Band. This year’s theme is inspired by the art of Aztec, Mayan and Native American cultures.
Tickets are $175. Limited seating, valet parking. Rain site. For more information, call Rockford Art Museum at (815) 968-2787 or log on to rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue