- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
To the Editor: Thanks to MDA for their help!
My daughter, Brianna McDanel, is 10 years old and has Spinal Muscular Atrophy. When she was diagnosed, we were told that the average life expectancy for SMA Type I is 24 months. Brianna has survived well beyond the average and is living a great life!
MDA helps children and adults like Brianna to survive and be able to live life to their potential. MDA funds research for 40+ neuromuscular diseases and gives us hope that there will be a cure. They also help families with several other things like clinic visits, flu shots, equipment and support.
As you probably know, MDA also has a summer camp. This is Brianna’s favorite part of MDA! She can go to camp and spend time with other kids in wheelchairs. She also gets to do things that she could not otherwise experience like horseback riding, archery and basketball. She especially loves talking with her friends around the campfire at night!
So we are sending you a great big THANK YOU for all that you do! We appreciate you!
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue