- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
To the Editor: Thanks to MDA for their help!
My daughter, Brianna McDanel, is 10 years old and has Spinal Muscular Atrophy. When she was diagnosed, we were told that the average life expectancy for SMA Type I is 24 months. Brianna has survived well beyond the average and is living a great life!
MDA helps children and adults like Brianna to survive and be able to live life to their potential. MDA funds research for 40+ neuromuscular diseases and gives us hope that there will be a cure. They also help families with several other things like clinic visits, flu shots, equipment and support.
As you probably know, MDA also has a summer camp. This is Brianna’s favorite part of MDA! She can go to camp and spend time with other kids in wheelchairs. She also gets to do things that she could not otherwise experience like horseback riding, archery and basketball. She especially loves talking with her friends around the campfire at night!
So we are sending you a great big THANK YOU for all that you do! We appreciate you!
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue