- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Thanks to MDA for their help!
My daughter, Brianna McDanel, is 10 years old and has Spinal Muscular Atrophy. When she was diagnosed, we were told that the average life expectancy for SMA Type I is 24 months. Brianna has survived well beyond the average and is living a great life!
MDA helps children and adults like Brianna to survive and be able to live life to their potential. MDA funds research for 40+ neuromuscular diseases and gives us hope that there will be a cure. They also help families with several other things like clinic visits, flu shots, equipment and support.
As you probably know, MDA also has a summer camp. This is Brianna’s favorite part of MDA! She can go to camp and spend time with other kids in wheelchairs. She also gets to do things that she could not otherwise experience like horseback riding, archery and basketball. She especially loves talking with her friends around the campfire at night!
So we are sending you a great big THANK YOU for all that you do! We appreciate you!
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue