- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
To the Editor: Thanks to Rockford College for hospitality
I would like to thank Rockford College for providing me with attractive, safe and affordable housing while serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA member at Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. Because of Rockford College, I was able to live near work without having to spend a great deal of my stipend on more expensive housing. By providing me with safe and affordable housing, Rockford College allowed me to concentrate on my AmeriCorps VISTA project as the volunteer coordinator for Goodwill.
Not only did Rockford College provide me with excellent housing, but they allowed me to utilize their cafeteria services as well as a number of their on-campus facilities typically reserved for their students. I was able to use their first-class gym and workout facilities at no charge as well as attend many of their wonderful on-campus programs! As a young professional coming to a new town, I have felt welcome and appreciated in Rockford and will fondly remember my time in this wonderful city. Thank you, Rockford College.
Goodwill of Northern Illinois
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue