- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
To the Editor: Thanks to Rockford College for hospitality
I would like to thank Rockford College for providing me with attractive, safe and affordable housing while serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA member at Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. Because of Rockford College, I was able to live near work without having to spend a great deal of my stipend on more expensive housing. By providing me with safe and affordable housing, Rockford College allowed me to concentrate on my AmeriCorps VISTA project as the volunteer coordinator for Goodwill.
Not only did Rockford College provide me with excellent housing, but they allowed me to utilize their cafeteria services as well as a number of their on-campus facilities typically reserved for their students. I was able to use their first-class gym and workout facilities at no charge as well as attend many of their wonderful on-campus programs! As a young professional coming to a new town, I have felt welcome and appreciated in Rockford and will fondly remember my time in this wonderful city. Thank you, Rockford College.
Goodwill of Northern Illinois
From the July 28-Aug 3, 2010 issue