- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Meet author Fred Ephraim at Katie’s Cup
From press release
The public is invited to meet author Fred Ephraim at a special event beginning at 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, at Katie’s Cup, 502 Seventh St., Rockford. Come for a light meal with Fred Ephraim—reservations required, and stay for discussion and book signing.
The work of prolific author Fred Ephraim has been described as “intensely intelligent.” A former resident of Capron, Ill., his books are marked by strong themes about family, including the challenges of childhood and parenting and the role of race in relationships. His diverse career includes acting, teaching and farming. A world traveler, Ephraim calls upon a broad array of cultural experiences when he puts pen to paper. His novels include Birds of a Feather, Kelsey’s Quest and Percy’s Plunder, among many others.
Cost of reservation is $15, including a light meal with the author. The meal will be served at 5 p.m., followed by a 5:30 p.m. discussion about his books. Book signing will begin at 6 p.m. in the Bitner Room for those with reservations. At 6:30 p.m., the book signing will be open to the public in the coffeebar until 8:30 p.m.
To reserve your spot for the Aug. 27 event, e-mail ToniHouselog@ziondevelopment.com.
From the Aug. 4-10, 2010 issue