- Pet Talk: Healthy pets make for a happy holiday
- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
Meet author Fred Ephraim at Katie’s Cup
From press release
The public is invited to meet author Fred Ephraim at a special event beginning at 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, at Katie’s Cup, 502 Seventh St., Rockford. Come for a light meal with Fred Ephraim—reservations required, and stay for discussion and book signing.
The work of prolific author Fred Ephraim has been described as “intensely intelligent.” A former resident of Capron, Ill., his books are marked by strong themes about family, including the challenges of childhood and parenting and the role of race in relationships. His diverse career includes acting, teaching and farming. A world traveler, Ephraim calls upon a broad array of cultural experiences when he puts pen to paper. His novels include Birds of a Feather, Kelsey’s Quest and Percy’s Plunder, among many others.
Cost of reservation is $15, including a light meal with the author. The meal will be served at 5 p.m., followed by a 5:30 p.m. discussion about his books. Book signing will begin at 6 p.m. in the Bitner Room for those with reservations. At 6:30 p.m., the book signing will be open to the public in the coffeebar until 8:30 p.m.
To reserve your spot for the Aug. 27 event, e-mail ToniHouselog@ziondevelopment.com.
From the Aug. 4-10, 2010 issue