- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 11-17, 2010
Kurt Larson, project manager and superintendent for Cord Construction Co., earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate designation in new construction and major renovation. The accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. … Jean Ramsay of Your Learning Basket in Belvidere presented “Stress, the Spice of Life” at the Illinois Dietitians in Health Care Communities (DHCC) meeting in Naperville. Ramsay gave tips about recognizing and managing stress in the workplace. DHCC is a dietetic practice group of The American Dietetic Association. Members are registered dietitians committed to the nutrition, health and safety of individuals living in long-term care facilities, correctional facilities, hospitals and home health care.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue