- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 11-17, 2010
Kurt Larson, project manager and superintendent for Cord Construction Co., earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate designation in new construction and major renovation. The accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. … Jean Ramsay of Your Learning Basket in Belvidere presented “Stress, the Spice of Life” at the Illinois Dietitians in Health Care Communities (DHCC) meeting in Naperville. Ramsay gave tips about recognizing and managing stress in the workplace. DHCC is a dietetic practice group of The American Dietetic Association. Members are registered dietitians committed to the nutrition, health and safety of individuals living in long-term care facilities, correctional facilities, hospitals and home health care.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue