- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 11-17, 2010
Kurt Larson, project manager and superintendent for Cord Construction Co., earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Associate designation in new construction and major renovation. The accreditation distinguishes building professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully steward the LEED certification process. … Jean Ramsay of Your Learning Basket in Belvidere presented “Stress, the Spice of Life” at the Illinois Dietitians in Health Care Communities (DHCC) meeting in Naperville. Ramsay gave tips about recognizing and managing stress in the workplace. DHCC is a dietetic practice group of The American Dietetic Association. Members are registered dietitians committed to the nutrition, health and safety of individuals living in long-term care facilities, correctional facilities, hospitals and home health care.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue