- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Cruise Night Roscoe community blood drive
From press release
The Dairy Queen in Roscoe will host a Cruise Night community blood drive from 3 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 12, at 5482 Elevator Road. By hosting a blood drive, Dairy Queen Roscoe helps save lives in our community. One pint of blood may mean a lifetime to someone in need.
In fact, since each blood donation is separated into components, you can actually help save three lives with one donation! One in three people will need blood in their lifetime. You never know when it might be you or someone you love who will need blood.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate, call the Rock River Valley Blood Center (RRVBC) toll free at (877) RRVBC-99.
You should be able to donate blood if you are at least 18 years old (16 years old with parental consent), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in general good health.
The RRVBC serves as a centralized, community blood center and is the only provider of blood products and services to Beloit Memorial Hospital, Edgerton Hospital and Health Services, FHN, Mercy Harvard Hospital, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rochelle Community Hospital, Rockford Health System, SwedishAmerican Health System and SwedishAmerican Medical Center-Belvidere. For more information or to make an appointment to donate blood, call toll free (877) RRVBC-99 or find RRVBC on the web at rrvbc.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue
From the O