- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
Free Wellness Fair for local seniors
From press release
Local Shriners are doing their part to help local seniors stay healthy. A free “Senior Circus” Health and Wellness Fair is set for 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 18. The fair will be at the Tebala Shrine Center at 7910 Newburg Road.
Participants in the event will be offered free glaucoma screenings, blood pressure and blood glucose testing and oxygen level screenings. In addition, at 1 p.m., the Winnebago County Health Department will present “Emergency Preparedness for Seniors.”
The Tebala Shrine organization is affiliated with the Shriners of North America, an international fraternity of approximately half a million members. The Tebala Shrine organizes a number of community activities each year. These include the Shrine Circus in early summer, the Blackhawk Vintage Classic in June, the Island Luau Dance in August, and the Karnival of Karnage haunted house in October.
As part of its mission, the Tebala Shrine in Rockford also provides financial underwriting and other support to children from the community who qualify for treatment at Shriners Hospitals.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue