- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
Free Wellness Fair for local seniors
From press release
Local Shriners are doing their part to help local seniors stay healthy. A free “Senior Circus” Health and Wellness Fair is set for 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 18. The fair will be at the Tebala Shrine Center at 7910 Newburg Road.
Participants in the event will be offered free glaucoma screenings, blood pressure and blood glucose testing and oxygen level screenings. In addition, at 1 p.m., the Winnebago County Health Department will present “Emergency Preparedness for Seniors.”
The Tebala Shrine organization is affiliated with the Shriners of North America, an international fraternity of approximately half a million members. The Tebala Shrine organizes a number of community activities each year. These include the Shrine Circus in early summer, the Blackhawk Vintage Classic in June, the Island Luau Dance in August, and the Karnival of Karnage haunted house in October.
As part of its mission, the Tebala Shrine in Rockford also provides financial underwriting and other support to children from the community who qualify for treatment at Shriners Hospitals.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue