- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Free Wellness Fair for local seniors
From press release
Local Shriners are doing their part to help local seniors stay healthy. A free “Senior Circus” Health and Wellness Fair is set for 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 18. The fair will be at the Tebala Shrine Center at 7910 Newburg Road.
Participants in the event will be offered free glaucoma screenings, blood pressure and blood glucose testing and oxygen level screenings. In addition, at 1 p.m., the Winnebago County Health Department will present “Emergency Preparedness for Seniors.”
The Tebala Shrine organization is affiliated with the Shriners of North America, an international fraternity of approximately half a million members. The Tebala Shrine organizes a number of community activities each year. These include the Shrine Circus in early summer, the Blackhawk Vintage Classic in June, the Island Luau Dance in August, and the Karnival of Karnage haunted house in October.
As part of its mission, the Tebala Shrine in Rockford also provides financial underwriting and other support to children from the community who qualify for treatment at Shriners Hospitals.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue