- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
GuerillArt displays work of Hispanic artists Aug. 13
From press release
GuerillArt (partners with The Hip Hop Congress of Rockford) is hosting “Visual Thievery Art Gallery and $20 Squeaker Tattoos,” which is an art exhibit of Hispanic artists, from noon to midnight, Friday, Aug. 13. The exhibit will be at Delicious Ink Tattoo Shop/Lock and Key Gallery, 2310 Charles St., Rockford.
Artists will showcase their work in various types of media.
The art exhibit will consist of artists from the Chicago, Madison, Wis., and Rockford area who are respected artists in their disciplines. Exhibiting artists include Kayo, Tim Atwell, Isaac Velasco, Balta Ramirez, Eddie Fajardo, Laurence Barr, Arturo Frescas, Brandon Hanson, Jesus Correa, La Katrina Works, Brian Hierstein, Christian Benitez, Joe Goral, Annie Rudolph, Cynthia Nelson, Shawn Peterson, Jason Ommodt, Cyn Diggy and more.
Music will be provided by live DJs to enhance the experience for all in attendance. The art exhibit is free.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue