- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
GuerillArt displays work of Hispanic artists Aug. 13
From press release
GuerillArt (partners with The Hip Hop Congress of Rockford) is hosting “Visual Thievery Art Gallery and $20 Squeaker Tattoos,” which is an art exhibit of Hispanic artists, from noon to midnight, Friday, Aug. 13. The exhibit will be at Delicious Ink Tattoo Shop/Lock and Key Gallery, 2310 Charles St., Rockford.
Artists will showcase their work in various types of media.
The art exhibit will consist of artists from the Chicago, Madison, Wis., and Rockford area who are respected artists in their disciplines. Exhibiting artists include Kayo, Tim Atwell, Isaac Velasco, Balta Ramirez, Eddie Fajardo, Laurence Barr, Arturo Frescas, Brandon Hanson, Jesus Correa, La Katrina Works, Brian Hierstein, Christian Benitez, Joe Goral, Annie Rudolph, Cynthia Nelson, Shawn Peterson, Jason Ommodt, Cyn Diggy and more.
Music will be provided by live DJs to enhance the experience for all in attendance. The art exhibit is free.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue