- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
GuerillArt displays work of Hispanic artists Aug. 13
From press release
GuerillArt (partners with The Hip Hop Congress of Rockford) is hosting “Visual Thievery Art Gallery and $20 Squeaker Tattoos,” which is an art exhibit of Hispanic artists, from noon to midnight, Friday, Aug. 13. The exhibit will be at Delicious Ink Tattoo Shop/Lock and Key Gallery, 2310 Charles St., Rockford.
Artists will showcase their work in various types of media.
The art exhibit will consist of artists from the Chicago, Madison, Wis., and Rockford area who are respected artists in their disciplines. Exhibiting artists include Kayo, Tim Atwell, Isaac Velasco, Balta Ramirez, Eddie Fajardo, Laurence Barr, Arturo Frescas, Brandon Hanson, Jesus Correa, La Katrina Works, Brian Hierstein, Christian Benitez, Joe Goral, Annie Rudolph, Cynthia Nelson, Shawn Peterson, Jason Ommodt, Cyn Diggy and more.
Music will be provided by live DJs to enhance the experience for all in attendance. The art exhibit is free.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue