- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
GuerillArt displays work of Hispanic artists Aug. 13
From press release
GuerillArt (partners with The Hip Hop Congress of Rockford) is hosting “Visual Thievery Art Gallery and $20 Squeaker Tattoos,” which is an art exhibit of Hispanic artists, from noon to midnight, Friday, Aug. 13. The exhibit will be at Delicious Ink Tattoo Shop/Lock and Key Gallery, 2310 Charles St., Rockford.
Artists will showcase their work in various types of media.
The art exhibit will consist of artists from the Chicago, Madison, Wis., and Rockford area who are respected artists in their disciplines. Exhibiting artists include Kayo, Tim Atwell, Isaac Velasco, Balta Ramirez, Eddie Fajardo, Laurence Barr, Arturo Frescas, Brandon Hanson, Jesus Correa, La Katrina Works, Brian Hierstein, Christian Benitez, Joe Goral, Annie Rudolph, Cynthia Nelson, Shawn Peterson, Jason Ommodt, Cyn Diggy and more.
Music will be provided by live DJs to enhance the experience for all in attendance. The art exhibit is free.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue