- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Reception for photography exhibit set for Aug. 14 at Burpee
From press release
From 5 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14, join Burpee Museum of Natural History for a reception and viewing of Weathered and Worn—an exhibit of photographs by Ryan Davis, Jason Ommodt and John Parli.
From rotting buildings to old rusty cars, time-ravaged places and things have always intrigued these photographers. This show celebrates some of the structures and objects that, despite all odds, simply refuse to go away.
This show runs through Sept. 15 and is open during Burpee Museum’s normal business hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily during the summer; and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., weekends, and noon-5 p.m., weekdays, during the school year.
Burpee is at 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Contact the museum at (815) 965-3433 or visit burpee.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue