- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Reception for photography exhibit set for Aug. 14 at Burpee
From press release
From 5 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14, join Burpee Museum of Natural History for a reception and viewing of Weathered and Worn—an exhibit of photographs by Ryan Davis, Jason Ommodt and John Parli.
From rotting buildings to old rusty cars, time-ravaged places and things have always intrigued these photographers. This show celebrates some of the structures and objects that, despite all odds, simply refuse to go away.
This show runs through Sept. 15 and is open during Burpee Museum’s normal business hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily during the summer; and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., weekends, and noon-5 p.m., weekdays, during the school year.
Burpee is at 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Contact the museum at (815) 965-3433 or visit burpee.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue