- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Reception for photography exhibit set for Aug. 14 at Burpee
From press release
From 5 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14, join Burpee Museum of Natural History for a reception and viewing of Weathered and Worn—an exhibit of photographs by Ryan Davis, Jason Ommodt and John Parli.
From rotting buildings to old rusty cars, time-ravaged places and things have always intrigued these photographers. This show celebrates some of the structures and objects that, despite all odds, simply refuse to go away.
This show runs through Sept. 15 and is open during Burpee Museum’s normal business hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily during the summer; and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., weekends, and noon-5 p.m., weekdays, during the school year.
Burpee is at 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Contact the museum at (815) 965-3433 or visit burpee.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue