- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Reception for photography exhibit set for Aug. 14 at Burpee
From press release
From 5 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14, join Burpee Museum of Natural History for a reception and viewing of Weathered and Worn—an exhibit of photographs by Ryan Davis, Jason Ommodt and John Parli.
From rotting buildings to old rusty cars, time-ravaged places and things have always intrigued these photographers. This show celebrates some of the structures and objects that, despite all odds, simply refuse to go away.
This show runs through Sept. 15 and is open during Burpee Museum’s normal business hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily during the summer; and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., weekends, and noon-5 p.m., weekdays, during the school year.
Burpee is at 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Contact the museum at (815) 965-3433 or visit burpee.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue