- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Reception for photography exhibit set for Aug. 14 at Burpee
From press release
From 5 to 8 p.m., Aug. 14, join Burpee Museum of Natural History for a reception and viewing of Weathered and Worn—an exhibit of photographs by Ryan Davis, Jason Ommodt and John Parli.
From rotting buildings to old rusty cars, time-ravaged places and things have always intrigued these photographers. This show celebrates some of the structures and objects that, despite all odds, simply refuse to go away.
This show runs through Sept. 15 and is open during Burpee Museum’s normal business hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. daily during the summer; and 10 a.m.-5 p.m., weekends, and noon-5 p.m., weekdays, during the school year.
Burpee is at 737 N. Main St., Rockford. Contact the museum at (815) 965-3433 or visit burpee.org.
From the Aug. 11-17, 2010 issue