- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 18-24, 2010
The Rockford Park District Foundation recently named Don Mosser its new Major Gifts Executive. Currently, Mosser is employed by Williams-Manny, Inc., and serves as a volunteer on the Nicholas Conservatory Steering and Rockford Park District Foundation Major Gifts committees. He will begin his part-time Major Gifts Executive consulting position Oct. 1. His responsibilities will include conducting fund-raising and donor cultivation efforts for the Rockford Park District Foundation for major gifts and planned giving. Mosser has a bachelor’s degree from Beloit College, and attended graduate school at the University of Wisconsin. … Lifescape Community Services, Inc., recently promoted Vershon Allen from program services caseworker to adult day services manager. Allen will be responsible for the direct supervision of Bright side Adult Day Service staff members, as well as the daily planning of activities for staff and clients. Bright side Adult Day Service is a community-based group program designed to meet the needs of adults with functional and/or cognitive impairment. … Meghan Bradley, Lutheran High School, James Forman, Lutheran High School, Lauren Buck, Guilford High School, and Sally Leaf, Boylan High School, were announced as the Rockford Wildcats’ 2010 Annual College Scholarship recipients. Scholarship recipients are recognized for not only their hard work in athletics, but also – and perhaps more importantly – for their hard work and success in the classroom and community. This year, the Rockford Wildcats team is celebrating 14 years of youth running development. The group is nonprofit and operates completely on volunteer and parent support, and is free to children who wish to participate.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue