- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Get trained with Red Cross in August
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Tuesday, Aug. 24 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR: Thursdays, Aug. 19 & 26 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 31 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information on course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue