- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Get trained with Red Cross in August
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Tuesday, Aug. 24 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR: Thursdays, Aug. 19 & 26 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 31 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information on course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue