- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Get trained with Red Cross in August
From press release
The American Red Cross has several upcoming classes in August. It is a great time for residents throughout the Rock River Valley to familiarize themselves with programs and services offered by our local chapter.
Classes available in August:
Adult CPR/AED: Wednesday, Aug. 25 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
First Aid: Tuesday, Aug. 24 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
First Aid and Infant/Child CPR: Thursdays, Aug. 19 & 26 from 6-10 p.m. (Belvidere)
Adult/Child/Infant CPR: Tuesday, Aug. 31 from 5-10 p.m. (Rockford)
CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Babysitter’s Training: Saturday, Aug. 28 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Rockford)
Pre-registration and pre-payment are required. Individuals can register online, by phone, or by visiting the office at 727 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61103.
For more information on course offerings, call the Rock River Chapter at (815) 963-8471 or visit: www.rockriver.redcross.org.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue