- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Mike Williamson Trio in concert at Tinker Aug. 22
From press release
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens is celebrating the rich heritage of Rockford with the “Tinker with Music” 2010 Free Summer Outdoor Concert Series. The fifth concert of the series will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 22, and will feature The Mike Williamson Trio.
Mike Williamson and his trio are three-time RAMI Award winners in the Cabaret/Broadway Category. Mike started singing with the Proud Americans and was inspired by his friends, The Lettermen, to pursue a professional career in music. He worked locally with the New Environment and eventually started appearing with the Ron Pedersen Trio at many regional venues.
Mike is joined for the Tinker Swiss Cottage concert by the talented Rick Burns on keyboards and vocals and Thom Fishe, one of the region’s premier drummers. The show is a range of popular music from jazz and standards to pop and even country.
The “Tinker with Music” 2010 Summer Outdoor Concert Series will celebrate its season finale Aug. 29 with the Quinteto Latino. This event will also include hands-on art activities for families and children.
The audience is encouraged to bring beach chairs, picnic blankets and picnic dinners to the concerts. Soft drinks and snacks will be available for purchase, and the Tinker Museum Gift Shop will be open during the concert. In the event of inclement weather, the concert will be moved into the Tinker Visitor Center Community Room or to the Booker Washington Community Center, where chairs will be provided. The “Tinker with Music” 2010 Summer Concert Series has been funded in part by a generous grant from the Rockford Area Arts Council and by donations from private individuals and local businesses.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens, a Rockford Park District affiliate, is an educational, not-for-profit institution, dedicated to the preservation of and access to historic Tinker Swiss Cottage, its collections and the legacy of the Robert H. Tinker family for the community-at-large.
Tinker is beside Kent Creek at 411 Kent St., Rockford. For more information about the “Tinker with Music” Summer Concert Series or other programs or tours offered by Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens, phone (815) 964-2424 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the museum’s website at tinkercottage.org.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue