- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
To the Editor: Free speech for some, but not for others?
The Rockford City Council voted 11-2 to support a ban for one year from city council meetings on a Mr. Buckingham, who had made veiled threats against the mayor.
Ald. Karen Elyea voted against banning Mr. Buckingham from the city council meetings, even though he threatened the mayor. The alderman claimed she was concerned about his free speech rights.
This is the same Ald. Karen Elyea who tried to ram a bubble zone law through the Rockford City Council that would take away the free speech rights of hundreds of Christians who offer help to mothers at Rockford’s abortion mill.
There has never been one complaint to the police by a mother entering the abortion mill against a sidewalk counselor. They are only there to help women in need.
It seems Alderman Elyea supports the right to make veiled threats against our Mayor but not the right for Christians to offer free help to mothers in need at the abortion mill.
This kind of hypocrisy has led us to killing over 50,000 children in the womb in Rockford.
Rockford Pro-Life Initiative
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010, issue