- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Turning Pointe Dance Company holds trouts Aug. 21
From press release
Turning Pointe Dance Company is looking for new dancers to join its award-winning studio.
Tryouts are from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 21, at Kids SPOT, Inc., 11447 Second St., Suite 10, Roscoe, Ill. Dancers age 5-18 are welcome. Tryout fee is $10.
The Dance Company travels throughout the Midwest while competing at both regional and national competitions. Most recent awards include: Bravo Standing Ovation, Rainbow Connection Regional Dance Off Finalists, Dupree Scholarship Winners, NYC Dance Scholarship Winner, TOP Choreography Awards, TOP Starz Performance Team Finalist, “TOP Entertainer” Award, Applause Studio Excellence Award, Dancer of the Year Finalists, and other special awards.
Kids SPOT co-owners Teresa Maloney and Susan Johnson are pleased with the growth and development of the program. Kim Dailey, dance director, said she is proud of her 85 competitive dancers, and looks forward to sharing her love and passion with more of the stateline youth.
To register for tryouts or to get more information about competitive or recreational class options, call the gym at (815) 623-KIDS (5437) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship forms are also available by contacting the director. Boys are encouraged to apply.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue