- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
Turning Pointe Dance Company holds trouts Aug. 21
From press release
Turning Pointe Dance Company is looking for new dancers to join its award-winning studio.
Tryouts are from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 21, at Kids SPOT, Inc., 11447 Second St., Suite 10, Roscoe, Ill. Dancers age 5-18 are welcome. Tryout fee is $10.
The Dance Company travels throughout the Midwest while competing at both regional and national competitions. Most recent awards include: Bravo Standing Ovation, Rainbow Connection Regional Dance Off Finalists, Dupree Scholarship Winners, NYC Dance Scholarship Winner, TOP Choreography Awards, TOP Starz Performance Team Finalist, “TOP Entertainer” Award, Applause Studio Excellence Award, Dancer of the Year Finalists, and other special awards.
Kids SPOT co-owners Teresa Maloney and Susan Johnson are pleased with the growth and development of the program. Kim Dailey, dance director, said she is proud of her 85 competitive dancers, and looks forward to sharing her love and passion with more of the stateline youth.
To register for tryouts or to get more information about competitive or recreational class options, call the gym at (815) 623-KIDS (5437) or e-mail email@example.com. Scholarship forms are also available by contacting the director. Boys are encouraged to apply.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue