- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Turning Pointe Dance Company holds trouts Aug. 21
From press release
Turning Pointe Dance Company is looking for new dancers to join its award-winning studio.
Tryouts are from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 21, at Kids SPOT, Inc., 11447 Second St., Suite 10, Roscoe, Ill. Dancers age 5-18 are welcome. Tryout fee is $10.
The Dance Company travels throughout the Midwest while competing at both regional and national competitions. Most recent awards include: Bravo Standing Ovation, Rainbow Connection Regional Dance Off Finalists, Dupree Scholarship Winners, NYC Dance Scholarship Winner, TOP Choreography Awards, TOP Starz Performance Team Finalist, “TOP Entertainer” Award, Applause Studio Excellence Award, Dancer of the Year Finalists, and other special awards.
Kids SPOT co-owners Teresa Maloney and Susan Johnson are pleased with the growth and development of the program. Kim Dailey, dance director, said she is proud of her 85 competitive dancers, and looks forward to sharing her love and passion with more of the stateline youth.
To register for tryouts or to get more information about competitive or recreational class options, call the gym at (815) 623-KIDS (5437) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship forms are also available by contacting the director. Boys are encouraged to apply.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue