- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Turning Pointe Dance Company holds trouts Aug. 21
From press release
Turning Pointe Dance Company is looking for new dancers to join its award-winning studio.
Tryouts are from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Aug. 21, at Kids SPOT, Inc., 11447 Second St., Suite 10, Roscoe, Ill. Dancers age 5-18 are welcome. Tryout fee is $10.
The Dance Company travels throughout the Midwest while competing at both regional and national competitions. Most recent awards include: Bravo Standing Ovation, Rainbow Connection Regional Dance Off Finalists, Dupree Scholarship Winners, NYC Dance Scholarship Winner, TOP Choreography Awards, TOP Starz Performance Team Finalist, “TOP Entertainer” Award, Applause Studio Excellence Award, Dancer of the Year Finalists, and other special awards.
Kids SPOT co-owners Teresa Maloney and Susan Johnson are pleased with the growth and development of the program. Kim Dailey, dance director, said she is proud of her 85 competitive dancers, and looks forward to sharing her love and passion with more of the stateline youth.
To register for tryouts or to get more information about competitive or recreational class options, call the gym at (815) 623-KIDS (5437) or e-mail email@example.com. Scholarship forms are also available by contacting the director. Boys are encouraged to apply.
From the Aug. 18-24, 2010 issue