- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Children’s Farm’s 40th Birthday Bash at Lockwood Aug. 28
From press release
Rockford Park District invites everyone to the Children’s Farm’s 40th Birthday Bash at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 28 (weather permitting).
This birthday celebration offers one day of fun at the park for the entire family. All the activities will take place in several areas within the park, including wagon and pony rides, and games and crafts for the children.
The Children’s Farm is designed to give children from the city an opportunity to experience the aspects of rural life. Preserving our rural heritage and the charm of old farming days when horses pulled wagons and horseback riding was the common mode of transportation, the Children’s Farm offers an ideal country learning and fun atmosphere for people of all ages.
“Many childhood memories have been made over the years at the Children’s Farm,” said Lockwood Park Manager Debbie Ackerman. “We hope this event will bring new and seasoned visitors to celebrate the Children’s Farm’s 40th birthday.”
Admission to the event is free; fees will be charged for some activities, and refreshments will be available for purchase from the Friends of Lockwood.
The mission of Lockwood Park is to help people enjoy life through their connection with animals. The park program provides a variety of experiences and learning opportunities to promote healthy, positive interactions between people and animals. Lockwood Park offers 94 miles of scenic trails for hiking, biking, or horseback riding.
For more information about Lockwood Park and equestrian programs, call (815) 987-8809, or visit rockfordparkdistrict.org/lockwood.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue