- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 25-31, 2010
The United Way of Rock River Valley recently welcomed seven new board members. Each new board member will serve a three-year term and may be elected to one additional successive term. The new board members included: Craig L. Carlson, Chase N.A.; Bill Derry, Field Fastener Supply; Cedric Lewis, Rockford Public Schools; Pam Maher, KMK Media Group, Inc.; Dan Parod, Rockford Health System; Jim Ryan, City of Rockford; and Andrea Ward, Harris N.A. Board member duties include overseeing the organization’s financial affairs, actively participating in the management of the organization, remaining sufficiently informed about the activities of the association, following the organization’s governing policies and overseeing the effective use of organizational resources. … Linda Matheson, Ph.D., RN, has been selected to serve as the chief administrative officer of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates. Matheson previously served as director of the Regional Heart Institute and Rehabilitation Services at OSF Saint Anthony Medical for four years. She earned her Ph.D. in nursing from Marquette University in 2008 and her master’s degree in community health nursing from the University of Illinois. Matheson has been an employee of OSF HealthCare for more than 24 years.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue