- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 25-31, 2010
The United Way of Rock River Valley recently welcomed seven new board members. Each new board member will serve a three-year term and may be elected to one additional successive term. The new board members included: Craig L. Carlson, Chase N.A.; Bill Derry, Field Fastener Supply; Cedric Lewis, Rockford Public Schools; Pam Maher, KMK Media Group, Inc.; Dan Parod, Rockford Health System; Jim Ryan, City of Rockford; and Andrea Ward, Harris N.A. Board member duties include overseeing the organization’s financial affairs, actively participating in the management of the organization, remaining sufficiently informed about the activities of the association, following the organization’s governing policies and overseeing the effective use of organizational resources. … Linda Matheson, Ph.D., RN, has been selected to serve as the chief administrative officer of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates. Matheson previously served as director of the Regional Heart Institute and Rehabilitation Services at OSF Saint Anthony Medical for four years. She earned her Ph.D. in nursing from Marquette University in 2008 and her master’s degree in community health nursing from the University of Illinois. Matheson has been an employee of OSF HealthCare for more than 24 years.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue