- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Community news and notes: Week of Aug. 25-31, 2010
The United Way of Rock River Valley recently welcomed seven new board members. Each new board member will serve a three-year term and may be elected to one additional successive term. The new board members included: Craig L. Carlson, Chase N.A.; Bill Derry, Field Fastener Supply; Cedric Lewis, Rockford Public Schools; Pam Maher, KMK Media Group, Inc.; Dan Parod, Rockford Health System; Jim Ryan, City of Rockford; and Andrea Ward, Harris N.A. Board member duties include overseeing the organization’s financial affairs, actively participating in the management of the organization, remaining sufficiently informed about the activities of the association, following the organization’s governing policies and overseeing the effective use of organizational resources. … Linda Matheson, Ph.D., RN, has been selected to serve as the chief administrative officer of Rockford Cardiovascular Associates. Matheson previously served as director of the Regional Heart Institute and Rehabilitation Services at OSF Saint Anthony Medical for four years. She earned her Ph.D. in nursing from Marquette University in 2008 and her master’s degree in community health nursing from the University of Illinois. Matheson has been an employee of OSF HealthCare for more than 24 years.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue