- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Katie’s Cup presents movie Leap of Faith Aug. 27
From press release
Katie’s Cup coffeebar, 502 Seventh St., Rockford, presents a movie and discussion series titled “Through the Lens…Christianity and Film.”
From 6:30 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, the movie Leap of Faith will be featured. There is no charge for the program, although donations will be accepted.
Leap of Faith is a 1992 American dramedy starring Steve Martin, Liam Neeson and Debra Winger. Martin plays Jonas Nightengale, a fraudulent Christian faith healer who uses his revival meetings in Rustwater, Kan., to bilk believers out of their money.
Popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
For more information, contact Katie’s Cup at (815) 986-0628.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue