- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
Katie’s Cup presents movie Leap of Faith Aug. 27
From press release
Katie’s Cup coffeebar, 502 Seventh St., Rockford, presents a movie and discussion series titled “Through the Lens…Christianity and Film.”
From 6:30 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, the movie Leap of Faith will be featured. There is no charge for the program, although donations will be accepted.
Leap of Faith is a 1992 American dramedy starring Steve Martin, Liam Neeson and Debra Winger. Martin plays Jonas Nightengale, a fraudulent Christian faith healer who uses his revival meetings in Rustwater, Kan., to bilk believers out of their money.
Popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
For more information, contact Katie’s Cup at (815) 986-0628.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue