- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Katie’s Cup presents movie Leap of Faith Aug. 27
From press release
Katie’s Cup coffeebar, 502 Seventh St., Rockford, presents a movie and discussion series titled “Through the Lens…Christianity and Film.”
From 6:30 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, the movie Leap of Faith will be featured. There is no charge for the program, although donations will be accepted.
Leap of Faith is a 1992 American dramedy starring Steve Martin, Liam Neeson and Debra Winger. Martin plays Jonas Nightengale, a fraudulent Christian faith healer who uses his revival meetings in Rustwater, Kan., to bilk believers out of their money.
Popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
For more information, contact Katie’s Cup at (815) 986-0628.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue