- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
- AFSCME, Rauner administration still at odds
- Through the brewing class
- AFSCME: Governor trying to force work stoppage
- What’s to negotiate? Illinois GOP, Dems can’t agree on topic
Katie’s Cup presents movie Leap of Faith Aug. 27
From press release
Katie’s Cup coffeebar, 502 Seventh St., Rockford, presents a movie and discussion series titled “Through the Lens…Christianity and Film.”
From 6:30 to 10 p.m., Friday, Aug. 27, the movie Leap of Faith will be featured. There is no charge for the program, although donations will be accepted.
Leap of Faith is a 1992 American dramedy starring Steve Martin, Liam Neeson and Debra Winger. Martin plays Jonas Nightengale, a fraudulent Christian faith healer who uses his revival meetings in Rustwater, Kan., to bilk believers out of their money.
Popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase.
For more information, contact Katie’s Cup at (815) 986-0628.
From the Aug. 25-31, 2010 issue